Wednesday 15 May 2013

I love Thumbnails


My thumbnails are really important to me. 




I’m talking about design thumbnails and not the horn-like envelope covering the dorsal aspect of the terminal phalanges of fingers and thumbs. 





Thumbnails are reduced-size versions of picture’s, they are also small, rough, design ideas that assist in the production of visuals and then onto the final image.




I personally find them a free and spontaneous way of working through ideas. They help me try to bring to life what I see in my head without the pressure of perfection.






They help me work and then re-work ideas, as one thumbnail inspires the next and so forth.




One of my problems is that I like the thumbnails more than I like the final image. Maybe I’m missing something, maybe my work needs to be free and less controlled like my little thumbnails!



No comments:

Post a Comment